Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Going Green

Well, I made the leap.  I've been thinking about venturing into the world of cloth diapering for quite some time now, but finally decided that I would really give it a try.  After some research, I decided to go with the hybrid diapers - meaning I can use either a cloth (reusable) insert or a biodegradable/flushable/disposable insert.  I picked the gDiapers.  It's a bit of an investment up front, but a little less than the all in one diapers since there's a cover, snap in liner, and then the insert.  Usually if it's a messy one, it gets on the waterproof liner but spares the cloth cover, so we don't need as many of those.  So far, we have 4, but I'm planning to get 2 more.  I think I'm going to get some for Wade as well and start cloth diapering him as well in hopes that it will be a good step towards potty training...(fingers crossed).  Drew can always move up into the size L after Wade's done with them!!

So, what do I think?  I really like them!  I thought for sure I'd prefer the flushable inserts, but the cloth is actually not as messy or scary as I had thought it could be.  I'm thankful that Sarah, our nanny, was game to try it out with me on both of the boys.  And I really do think that they look so cute with their cloth diapered butts :)

Look how cute these are:

No comments:

Post a Comment