Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Drew's Hat

So I have finally gotten started for real on my knitting.  Meghan got me an awesome baby hat book and all the supplies umm....like 2 years ago....and I finally got started a couple of months ago making a hat for Drew.  I just finished it and am (ahem) so proud of myself :)  I had a few trial runs, dealt with some dropped stitches, started over a few times, but it was so worth the time it took to teach myself when I see sweet little Drew in his cute blue hat that I made all by myself!  Next up (I think) is a yellow cotton beanie for Wade.  I want to try some new things, do some decorations on the hats, try new patterns and styles, I'm so inspired right now, I will need to jump right on my next project to keep my momentum and inspiration!  I'd like to teach myself to crochet next since there are some cute little decorations that you can crochet and then apply to a basic hat for lots more fun.  Am I brave enough to try a striped hat?  I have all summer to work on some of those for the boys - my goal is to knit them both a candy cane striped stocking hat for Christmastime.  That was the hat that I fell in love with that made me want to learn to knit in the first place :)

So without further ado, here is Drew modeling his hat this morning!! (excuse the spit up on the shirt!)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that is your first knitting project. It looks like the work of a pro!

    ReplyDelete