Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lent

So today is the start of Lent. I hadn't decided on giving anything up.  Usually I try to just adopt a new, improved outlook or habit to be a better or healthier person rather than viewing it as giving something up.  I guess that defeats the whole purpose of the sacrifice, though, doesn't it?

Well, I decided that even though I'm late to the decision and have already cheated today...I'm going to give up chocolate.  That's right.  This one will truly be a sacrifice, people.  I think I have chocolate in some form almost every day, and even put chocolate chips in my banana bread and zucchini bread.  (we can't let ourselves get too healthy, can we?!)

We are continuing our no-meat diet here at home, too.  It's going well.  I'm learning more and more each week and am starting to find out what works for us and when it's just too much soy or beans too many days in a row, so finding a larger variety of protein sources is key! The boys are doing great with it, and honestly, I don't even miss the beef or poultry. 

I do miss Chick-Fil-A sometimes, though...oh my goodness, that is some good stuff.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment