Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Eureka!

...and stay tuned.  I finally figured out my problem in uploading pictures to my new computer.  It was the cord.  So, I used a different one and voila!! - works like a dream :)  Why didn't I try this sooner??  Pictures to come of recent home-life adventures, probably later tonight.

In the meantime, an update on my training since I know you're just dying to know!  C and I did 10 miles on trails Saturday and it. was. rough.  On me at least.  It started after my 5 miler a week ago, and I just was struggling, so I took an extra rest day ahead of the 10 miler.  I still had trouble Saturday, rested 2 more days, and had a tough run yesterday (3 miles).  I was feeling defeated.  BUT, I did some reading of inspirational stories and set out today with the mentality that I'd take it easy, be mindful to keep my pace slower (wore the Garmin), and see how it goes.  

MUCH better experience all around today.  So glad my body and mind are in sync again today and hope they stay that way at least through race time!!  I can't tell you what a relief it was to complete my 3 miles, having run it all, albeit slower than my normal pace.  It was such the mental boost I needed to regain my confidence. And running really is so mental, isn't it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment