Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Why Run?

In the midst of a very busy week last week, I managed to fit in over 17 miles.  WOW!  If you had told me 2 years ago that I would run that far in a month, much less a week, I'd have thought you were smokin' something funny.  So, since I had some time to reflect Sunday morning at dawn when I was out running my 8.5 miler, I started thinking about all the reasons I have come to love running.  Here are a few...

  1. It keeps me in shape (duh)
  2. I have great running buddies (and motivators) in my dogs
  3. I love being able to get outside (yeah, even when it's hot and humid) for fresh air
  4. It keeps me sane...that is a half hour or hour (or two coming up!) that I can just be with myself.  Sometimes I think about life, sometimes I think about what I will post on the blog next, and sometimes I don't think about a damn thing!  
  5. I like the challenge it gives me physically to compete with myself - to see if I can run faster or farther than last time
  6. Fit mom = strong mom = happy mom.  I like being active with my kids and being fit and strong allows me to be without even thinking about it.
  7. I love the feeling on a long run when I have about 2 miles left and I know I'm going to make it to the finish.  Sounds obvious, but I get a little surge of pride about that time that pushes me to finish strong. 
I have NOT figured out (or had time to mess with it) how to get my new computer to recognize my camera.  We had a busy weekend at a soccer tournament and birthday celebration here so I didn't have any time to work on that over the weekend.  I hope to later this week so I can post up some new pics SOON. Thanks for hanging in there till I figure it all out!!

What's the best thing you get out of your exercise of choice?  What keeps you coming back again and again?

Do you think exercising is addictive?  Do you ever feel like something's missing from your day/week when you can't fit a workout in, or don't get to do as many?

No comments:

Post a Comment