Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

So, yeah...

3.7 miles / 34 mins

I took a break from running AND blogging for a bit :)  I didn't get in my redemption miles over the weekend and just ran today for the first time since last Friday.  I have been TIRED - W has decided it's fun to wake up before 6am and the bee is still working on the whole sleeping through the night thing.  He's getting a lot better - but I think it's time to start sleep training.  I don't think cry it out will work for him - tried that, didn't go so well.  But a friend gave me a book on a method that seems really reasonable and painless for us all, so I'm going to give it a go.  Step 1, make sure to keep his nursing to every 4 hours during the day.  I think we usually do this, but I'm going to pay more attention to his daytime nursing timeline.  Send us some good vibes...mama needs some sleep. 

Otherwise, gearing up for our 5K this weekend and looking forward to that.  I think it'll be a smaller race (300ish), so that will be kinda cool.  They say on the website to bring the family since there will be fun activities afterwards.  So, we need someone to watch the boys while we run unless they say we can use joggers during the race.  Let's face it, I'm not going to win so I don't care if I start at the back of the pack if they say I can run with the stroller!  I'll ask at the packet pick up tomorrow.  I hope we were in the first 100 registrants so we get tech shirts :)  I'll post a picture of our loot tomorrow after I pick it up. I ordered some new running clothes and am hoping they'll be here before the race so maybe I can wear something fun and new.  I had a gift certificate to use and got a top on super sale, gotta love the "almost free" shopping, right?!

Back to work...fueling this afternoon with some frozen yogurt, YUM. (thanks, Mom, for lunch today!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment