Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Sunday recap

Since the heat is still keeping me from running outside, I decided to hit the gym for my long run yesterday on the treadmill.  I haven't run on a treadmill in over a year!  I got there, set up on the 'mill and started off at a pretty decent pace.  Amazing how it's easier in the A/C without all the outside factors! About 10 minutes into my 7-8 miler, I heard "Attention members.  The gym will be closing in 15 minutes."  Shoot. Apparently I didn't remember (or pay attention to) our gym's Sunday hours.  I thought I had at least an hour and a half to do my run.  Oops.

So, since I wasn't going to get my long run in, I quickly upped my pace for a tempo run as consolation.  Dudes, I ran my fastest mile...maybe EVER.  Sub-8 minute!  I was in a good zone, and it felt challenging but it wasn't killing me or anything.  
THEN, since I took all of 25 minutes total at the gym, I was able to do my grocery shopping for the week on the way home - bonus!  I grabbed everything we needed for our week's menu and headed home.  
Of course I look like this when I grocery shop!
Ahhh, relaxed with the family (SILs came over to hang, too), enjoyed a Sunday margarita, made some dinner, and fell happily into bed last night.  Gonna do my long run today - probably on the treadmill since it felt too good to get out of bed early this morning.  W finally got me up by going to help himself in the kitchen...never know what he is going to get himself into if left to his own devices for too long :)  See exhibit A from several months ago...

Gotta get the day started now...work, a meeting at lunchtime, run, trip for dog food...busy Monday ahead.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment