Tonight hubs had to work late, so I had a dinner date with my two little dudes.
|W wanted to pose with his fork in his mouth...goofball :)|
I tried a new recipe for tofu that was absolutely delicious. It's a recipe from the Kind Diet. I didn't have all the ingredients (it called for a couple different flours and oils), so this is my version of the recipe:
- 1 package savory flavor baked tofu from Trader Joe's
- whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- frozen package stir fry noodles and veggies
- a little stir fry sauce
- slice the tofu in strips about 1/4-1/2 inch thick
- mix the OJ and syrup well
- dip tofu in the juice-syrup mixture and then coat in flour
- pan fry in a little oil (i used canola) about 3 minutes a side or till golden brown
- saute the noodles and veggies in a separate pan, add a little of the juice-syrup mixture and a touch stir fry sauce (you could also use soy sauce) and mix well
- serve with the orange maple sauce for dipping
That's it! Super easy, super fast, and very good. W even ate it. I served it with some grapes since they were the easiest fruit to grab tonight.
|happy boy - better picture of his buzz cut!|
Little Bee was a trooper. Right before dinner, W put a clothespin on his arm (ouch!) and on top of that, he was getting tired. But he sat up and ate puffs and a mum-mum with us. I took his tray off his little booster high chair and he put his chubby little arms up on the table like such a man. I will get a picture of that cuteness next time!