Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dinner Date

Tonight hubs had to work late, so I had a dinner date with my two little dudes.  
W wanted to pose with his fork in his mouth...goofball :)

I tried a new recipe for tofu that was absolutely delicious.  It's a recipe from the Kind Diet.  I didn't have all the ingredients (it called for a couple different flours and oils), so this is my version of the recipe:


  • 1 package savory flavor baked tofu from Trader Joe's
  • whole wheat flour
  • 2/3 cup orange juice
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup
  • frozen package stir fry noodles and veggies
  • a little stir fry sauce
  1. slice the tofu in strips about 1/4-1/2 inch thick
  2. mix the OJ and syrup well
  3. dip tofu in the juice-syrup mixture and then coat in flour
  4. pan fry in a little oil (i used canola) about 3 minutes a side or till golden brown
  5. saute the noodles and veggies in a separate pan, add a little of the juice-syrup mixture and a touch stir fry sauce (you could also use soy sauce) and mix well
  6. serve with the orange maple sauce for dipping

That's it!  Super easy, super fast, and very good.  W even ate it.  I served it with some grapes since they were the easiest fruit to grab tonight. 
happy boy - better picture of his buzz cut!
Little Bee was a trooper.  Right before dinner, W put a clothespin on his arm (ouch!) and on top of that, he was getting tired.  But he sat up and ate puffs and a mum-mum with us.  I took his tray off his little booster high chair and he put his chubby little arms up on the table like such a man.  I will get a picture of that cuteness next time!
crocodile tears!

1 comment:

  1. Cute! We're finally getting a TJ's down here. I'll have to remember this recipe.

    ReplyDelete